Herbed Spaghetti Squash
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
1 small spaghetti squash, about 2 1/4 pounds
2 1/2 tablespoons butter
2 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped mixed soft herbs, such as basil, chives, chervil, parsley and sage
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Heat a skillet. Add the butter, spaghetti squash, herbs, salt and pepper and toss thoroughly but gently to heat and combine. Serve immediately or cover and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the squash in half lengthwise and place, cut side down, in a baking dish.
- Add enough water to come 1/2-inch up the sides of the baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until the squash is easily pierced with a paring knife.
- Turn squash over and cover with foil again and continue to cook another 15 minutes, until the squash is very tender.
- Remove from the oven, uncover, and allow to cool slightly.
- Using a spoon, remove the seeds and discard.
- Using a fork, gently pull the strands of squash away from the peel and place the squash strands into a mixing bowl.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
« Back to Recipes