Butternut Squash with Onions and Pecans
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Ready In: 50 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
3 tablespoons butter
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 1⁄4 lbs butternut squash
1 cup chopped pecans
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
ground black pepper
- Place pecans on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Toast at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 5-8 minutes.
- Peel the squash, and remove the seeds.
- Cut into 1/2 inch cubes. There will be about 6 cups squash.
- Melt butter or margarine in a heavy large skillet over low heat
- Add onion and sauté until very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add squash and toss to coat.
- Cook until squash is tender but still holds it shape, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy LikeItLoveIt at Food.com
- Can be prepared 4 hours ahead.
- Let stand at room temperature.
- Rewarm over medium heat before continuing.
- Stir in half of the pecans and half of the parsley.
- Transfer mixture to bowl.
- Sprinkle with remaining pecans and parsley.
« Back to Recipes